The Process Engineer will be expected to improve upon/establish the processes and techniques needed to produce consistent, high-quality and quantity goods by maximizing efficiencies and analyzing/developing cost effective solutions to the challenges of manufacturing to include tooling, machines, and equipment.
- Accurate and attentive to details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational, problem solving, and English language skills.
- Strong mathematical background with basic understanding of statistics and the ability to analyze engineering and scientific data.
- Work well on own initiative as well as in a group setting.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications, AutoCAD, spreadsheets).
- Help develop new materials and manufacturing processes as directed by Management.
- Coordinate/manage launch of new products and parts.
- Review engineering data and compile list of drawings, materials, parts, and equipment used for manufacturing products.
- Perform tool design to drawings and specifications.
- Perform process verification and testing.
- Perform validation on new tools.
- Prepare and maintain manual and/or computerized record system providing detailed parts information, such as complete description, quantities, functions, specifications, revisions, and ingredients.
- Update parts catalogs, data sheets, drawings, and other related documentation.
- Evaluates design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Develop and maintain methods and procedures for incoming and outgoing inspections, tool dimensional checks, calibration of equipment, and create labels used for various projects.
- Stay current on recent developments in the die cutting industry, design techniques deployed in the design of tools and current manufacturing processes. Investigate and recommend new technologies and processes for continuous improvement.
- Review Job Cards and make necessary recommendations/changes required to ensure information for each process is up to date.
- Optimize production processes to improve product quality and production efficiency.
- Train and mentor personnel in tool setup, machine operation, and processing.
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure production jobs are running to established processes and communicate results to Operations Manager and/or Engineering Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Material Science, or equivalent. Education may be substituted for a minimum of 4 years of experience in related field.
- Thorough understanding of materials, process controls, and tooling.
- Innovative, scientific and methodical approach to processes and procedures.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving success record.